Thursday, March 16, 2017

Jaguar I-PACE Electric SUV Breaks Cover In London

The Jaguar I-PACE is scheduled for production in the second half of 2018, but the company has taken a page from the Tesla playbook by showing a prototype of the car driving through London’s Olympic Park recently.
Jaguar I-PACE electric SUV
What’s the best way to drum up interest in a new product? Show it to people and then tell them they can’t have it. By showing the Jaguar I-PACE know, the company is sending a message to people considering a Model X — Don’t buy that Tesla just yet. We have something even better on the way.
“The feedback on the I-PACE Concept has been fantastic,” says Ian Callum, design director at Jaguar. “With the I-PACE Concept we’ve torn up the rule book to create a vehicle with supercar inspired aesthetics, sports car performance and SUV space, in one electric package. It has surprised people and the enthusiasm for our first electric vehicle has been beyond all my expectations.”
“Driving the concept on the streets is really important for the design team. It’s very special to put the car outside and in the real world. You can see the true value of the I-PACE’s dramatic silhouette and powerful proportions when you see it on the road, against other cars. The I-PACE Concept represents the next generation of battery electric vehicle design. For me, the future of motoring has arrived.”
What about the good stuff? The Jaguar I-PACE will have a 90 kWh battery and an EPA range of about 220 miles. 0-60 will take 4 seconds. The best part is that an 80% charge is possible in just 90 minutes or a 100% charge in 2 hours using 50 kW DC fast charging.
The car is powered by two compact and lightweight electric motors, one at the front and one at the rear. The two motors together are claimed to have 400 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque. Instantaneous electronic control of the motors will provide excellent traction in all situations based on driver input and road conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment