Thursday, November 17, 2011

L.A. Auto Show: Infiniti Says Luxury LEAF Coming in 2014



So Hyundai was a bust as far as sustainable cars go, and 90% of the way through the Infiniti conference I was starting to feel the same way. Then, at the very end of his spiel about the 23 mpg (highway) Infiniti JX SUV, VP of Infiniti mentioned that come 2014, Infiniti would begin selling its first 100% EV…

This of course piqued my interest, and after the commotion had died down, I tried to get some details from Poore. All I could get out of him was that this would be a “luxury LEAF” with performance and driving experience being a key factor. Poore also said that it would debut at next year’s New York Auto Show.

When I brought up the Nissan ESFLOW concept, a rear-wheel drive concept using the LEAF’s drivetrain, Poore smiled, but gave me the usual exec-speak that they can’t discuss future products. I understand…but I am also pretty anxious to find out what Infiniti is planning for their own version of the all-electric LEAF.

Will it be a sedan, or a coupe? Front-wheel, rear-wheel, or all-wheel drive? Will it be as sporty as promised? What will it cost? So many burning questions…absolutely no answers. Until next Spring, that is.



Source: Gas2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment