Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First Look At The Tesla Model S 70D - VIDEO


The Tesla Model S 70D is one tasty crumpet. Gone is the original Model S 60. For only $5,000 more, the base model Tesla now has a 70 kWh battery, 240 miles of range and dual motors, giving it all wheel drive capability. Tesla is going to be able to sell every one of these beauties it can build. I confess that when I first read about this, I said to myself, “Now that’s a Tesla I would like to own.”
Up to that point, the 60 kWh models were a little to drab and the 85 kWh models a little to outrageous. Do I really need a car that has an “Insane” mode? I don’t intend to take my next car to the drag strip and I don’t care much about winning the stoplight grand prix anymore. But a well built sedan with ample power, good range and all wheel drive? Yeah, I’m interested, Elon. Let’s talk.
The Model S 70D base model includes free electricity at Tesla SuperCharger locations. That was an extra cost option on the old Model S 60. It sends 309 horsepower down to the pavement, which is enough to move the car from rest to 60 mph in just over 5 seconds. That’s enough to satisfy my needs. But it’s the all wheel drive capability that really floats my boat. For those of us who live in states where snow flakes sometimes fly, that’s a very attractive feature.
Watch the video above for a deeper look into how the new Model S 70D performs in real world driving out on the open road.

No comments:

Post a Comment